Back in the 50s and 60s Blue Note Records was the place to be for jazz recording artists. This label cranked out hit after hit, and had a successful "formula" for creating them. Nowadays of course there is no such thing as a hit jazz single, let alone a hit record. Let's listen to some of those popular tunes today. Bluenote jazz was one of greatest cultural developments of any time or place. Let's revisit that Golden Age today.
- The Sidewinder — Lee Morgan
- Short documentary and concert for the 70th anniversary of Blue Note Records
- Blue Train — John Coltrane
- Song For My Father — Horace Silver
- Maiden Voyage — Herbie Hancock
- Moaning — Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers